Railway Budget 2015-16 Highlights [Updated List]
Highlights of the Railway Budget 2015-16:
- IR to become prime mover of economy once again
- Resource Mobilization for higher Investments
- Decongestion of heavy haul routes and speeding up of trains: emphasis on gauge conversion, doubling, tripling and electrification
- Project delivery
- Passenger Amenities
- Transparency & System Improvement.
- Railways to continue to be the preferred mode of transport for the masses
Four goals for Indian Railways to transform over next five years:
To deliver a sustained and measurable improvement in customer experience.
To make Rail a safer means of travel.
To expand Bhartiya Rail’s capacity substantially and modernise infrastructure.
Finally, to make Bhartiya Rail financially self-sustainable.
Courtesy: Zee News India