The Brand New Assessment Scheme for CBSE Class 6 to 9 Students

There is going to be a significant change in the evaluation scheme of classes 6 to 9 of the CBSE board affiliated schools as the Central Board of Secondary Education have decided to replace the previous scheme of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation or CCE with a Uniform System of Assessment.
Assessment Scheme for CBSE Class 6 to 9 Students
Assessment Scheme for CBSE Class 6 to 9 Students
The aim of the Central  Board of Secondary Education is to implement a standardized evaluation and teaching across all affiliated schools in the country for the upcoming academic session. An official from the CBSE board also shared his thoughts on the new assessment scheme that has been implemented.

“Following the decision to restore board examinations for class 10, it was imperative to have a new scheme of evaluation for classes 6 to 9 because disparities in the system were creating problems for students whenever they migrated to another school,” said a CBSE official.

Under the previous scheme of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) students were evaluated or assessed based on four ‘formative assessments’ and two term-end ‘summative assessments’, twice in each term. While 40% of the formative assessment during the year was continuous evaluation done by teachers the other 60%  was purely pen-paper tests.

With the introduction of the new assessment system, the weightage for pen-paper test will be increased to 90% with 10 marks of the 20 marks set aside for periodic assessment in each term. which will also include 80 marks for yearly and half yearly exam.

There will also be a significant change in the reports cards of classes VI to VIII as they will have identical rows which specify terms like subject, notebook and periodic enrichment. It will also have corresponding grades and marks scored in each subject yearly and half yearly along with co-scholastic assessment with a 3-point scale grading for the students.

But the same does not apply to class IX students as their report cards will only have scores of single term which will include annual examination, subject enrichment, notebook and a periodic test. The co-scholastic grading will be on a five-point grading scale.

"This is to gradually prepare the students for Class IX and higher classes where they will have to appear for exams for the entire syllabus. But it will happen gradually”. Said CBSE board member Chaturvedi about the newly implemented system.

"Gradual movement towards quality education through standardization of teaching, assessment, examination and report card,"

This new system could possibly help students be well prepared for competitive exams like UPSC and GMAT exam.

About Author:
Kevin Ronith Kumar, Aspiring writer, loves new ideas, out of the box thinker and always up for a challenge. 
Email Id: kevin.ronih@gmail.com

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.